Monday, January 8, 2007

I Feel Kind of Guilty For Eating Her Apple

Back to school today, yipee!  It is amazing how being unemployed and out of school for four weeks can play mind games with one's self esteem.  How do people just sit home and collect unemployment or live off of welfare?  I need to be productive.  Cleaning house can only get you through the first week.  In cleaning my house, I make myself feel calm, but I don't make myself feel accomplished.  I need to feel like I've accomplished something or I feel... tiny.


Anywho, I was so looking forward to school today.  Jenna suggested I take an apple for my teacher (see below).  I told her that was a great idea!  I didn't tell her that I had no intention of bestowing such a time-honored symbol on the Ice Queen, but Jenna thinks Mom is a nice person- and I'd like to keep it that way.


In truth, class wasn't that bad.  I'm cautiously optimistic that I will be able to tolerate her (the Ice Queen) without forcing myself.  She's really not that bad.  She did do/say some things that annoyed me, but perhaps that is because I'm predispositioned to disliking her. 


In the end, I feel kind of guilty for eating her apple.  Or, maybe I just feel guilty because I got caught eating the apple on the way out the door.


Don't worry, I grabbed another apple to fool Jenna into thinking I was going to be nice to my teacher.

No comments: