Thursday, December 7, 2006

School's Out, School's Out...

It's midnight and I'm rather content to come home tonight. I went out for drinks with some classmates and a couple of teachers and it was fun. That's a big step for me, people, I don't normally go out for drinks and I certainly don't normally have fun.

Treasure had fun. Just ask her. She won't remember, that's how you'll know she had fun.

I'm guilty of being a procrastinator to a nauseating degree. Thus, I have been awake for the past few days for more hours than I care to count. There were many papers to write, thematic units to finish. My online class has another week, but it's nothing. I carried 22 credit hours in 10 weeks, and I got through it with all "A" grades... and one "B" (although we'll probably have to add another "B" to the mix at the conclusion of my online class). It was the most challenging quarter of my very long career as a professional student. I'm tired.

Yet, it's only midnight. Much earlier than I've been going to bed lately. I don't want to sleep this early because Todd took the kids tonight and I want to sleep in tomorrow morning.

That makes absolutely no sense. I want to stay up late so I can sleep in. Wouldn't I get the same amount of sleep if I went to bed now and got up at the normal time?

The point is, what am I going to do for the next 4 weeks until I'm back to the next 22 credit hours? Study for my certification test in April, which won't exactly fill up my time the way school does.

I need school (or work... work will be good). It makes me function correctly. To be a stay at home mom for the next 4 weeks is damn scary. I always have to do that in between and it's rough.

I know, I sound like I'm whining and all of my friends out there who have tedious, full time jobs are saying "I'd like to have her life for a week... she doesn't know what the fuck she's talking about." I'll have you know that I do know what the fuck I'm talking about.

Everyone kept saying "fuck" tonight and it's catchy. It's going to take me a couple of days to get back into the habit of saying "eff" again.

As I was saying, it is draining to be around two children everyday, no less for four weeks straight. In January, it's Silverstick season, which means that Todd will go almost 4 weeks without picking the kids up. So, really, I have the next four weeks off of school, but he'll have them for 2 weekends of that, and then I have them for 4 weeks with no help from him when I'm back to school. But, he'll have them for 2 weekends in a row in February (1 because it's his weekend and the other because I'm going to The Tragically Hip and he's most generously taking them for the weekend so he can make up for January... on what planet does taking them for 2 weekENDS in a row make up for not having them at all for 4 WEEKS? I'm not bitter because it's about me, I'm bitter because it's about the kids).

Do you all see what just happened here? I was content when I came home because a very stressful quarter just finished up and I don't have to go back to school for 4 weeks. Now I'm bummed that I don't have school for 4 weeks and bitter about something that hasn't even happened yet.

Quintessential woman.

I'm rambling. I'm tired.

Good night.

No comments: