Friday, July 21, 2006

Catch-22. Not a book review. Yet.

When my book group started almost two weeks ago, I had just started reading Catch 22. But The Great Gatsby was up for discussion first, so I stopped reading Catch 22 to re-read TGG. Now I'm back on Catch 22 and I'm struggling. I just finished Chapter 4 and the chapters are short. I can't put my finger on why I can't get through it. I find it to be hilarious. It jumps around alot, but that's not been a problem for me in the past. You know how sometimes you have to read a paragraph multiple times because you keep dazing off? That's what is happening. Unlike normally, however, each time I re-read a paragraph, it's still brand new to me. I don't remember a single word of the previous time(s) I read it. It's frustrating. I still have 3 weeks before my group starts on it, but I hate that it is taking me so long!

By the way, I wasn't as crazy about TGG as I remember being in high school.

No comments: