Tuesday, September 4, 2007

How Did This Happen to Me?!

My daughter is in the fourth grade.



When I was in the fourth grade, my mom was "old."  Let it be known that I am five years older than my mother was when I was in the fourth grade.  My mom was not "cool" when I was in the fourth grade.  No matter how cool I think I am, my daughter likely does not agree.  My mom did not listen to the music I listened to.  Guilty.  Hannah Montana and the High School Musical Soundtrack make me want to bleed out.  My mom teased me about boys.  Oops.  Guilty again.


I have officially become a dorky, old mom.  This morning, while Jenna sat at the dining room table eating Apple Jacks and watching Jimmy Neutron I said (and I quote), "Jenna, if you continue to stare at the TV and not eat your cereal, it's going to get soggy." 


*sharp intake of breath*


It gets worse.  When I was in the fourth grade, the girls really started getting catty and forming new alliances every other day.  Distinctions between who was to be "popular" and not began sharpening.  I began crushing on cute boys.  Anyone remember Joel West? 


I can't believe my firstborn is in the fourth grade.


How did this happen to me?


P.S.  Below, to remind me of the good ol' days when my then three year old daughter knew every lyric to every Weezer song.


*wipes tear*

No comments: