Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Where the F*&k Have You Been?!

I've been mysteriously sedate in the blog world. People are beginning to ask questions. Typically eager to share every mundane detail of my normal life, my enthusiasm has been stifled as Life takes over and, with it, spare moments have become nonexistent.

The mundane details (keeping me busy) are as follows:
--Lori's wedding is officially less than two weeks away and as co-maid of honor, I helped Sara to organize the bachelorette party. I wish I could post drafts of my speech for the reception but then she'd read it and she's just not allowed.
--I have my online classes which I can't really use as an excuse for being busy because I've been slacking terribly, particularly over the last two weeks.
--I moved. I took an apartment to save money and I had to downsize. While my family stepped up and got me moved in a matter of hours, the packing and deciding what could go and what had to be disposed of was quite a process. With any luck, the equally draining process of unpacking will be complete by this weekend.

There have been a few other little things along the way but these were among the most consuming. I say "among" because the most consuming has been love. Josh came to visit with his son on the 20th (two days after I moved- can I get some pity, please?) and just left this morning. I wanted everything to be fun and wonderful while he was here so I had to plan our little Michigan vacation before the move and I had to plan my packing and label boxes according to what was most important to have while he was here so that I didn't have to spend what little time we had unpacking. Happily, this foresight paid off for the most part and I didn't have to unpack much while he was here. Unhappily, I found myself rather preoccupied with how quickly today was approaching and knowing I would have to say goodbye again (for now).

More on that in a few.

I hope to have pictures up tonight depicting all that I packed into the Michigan "vacation." We went to Great Wolf Lodge, the Air Zoo in Kalamazoo, Toronto (adults only!), the Renaissance festival, and lots of family meet and greets. The kids had a blast. Adult night (Toronto) did not go according to plan as even I, much to my chagrin, have the occasional female meltdown and managed to destroy "drink your cares away" time. Girls suck.

Anyhow, I have been busy and mostly distracted by my vacation with Josh. Today I find myself alternating between extreme happiness and the brink of tears. I'm happy to feel a way about someone that I didn't think I was capable of. I'm sad that he's twenty hours away. I'm happy that he accepts me as I am and seems to even admire me. I'm sad that, for the first time in eight nights, he won't be there beside me when I crawl into bed.

I will try and stay positive and not focus on the difficulty I face in maintaining a long distance relationship. Instead, I will remind myself that he's only a phone call away and while I may not have his warm body to put my cold feet on at night, I'll still have his voice and his big, beautiful words.

If all else fails, I'll blog.

No comments: