Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mothers and Daughters; or, Jenna Must Think I'm Pretty Darned Boring

Okay, I've seen this floating around lately (first spotted by Jenilu Who, only on Facebook) and decided to fill it out.  Only, instead of simply having my child answer questions about me, I've also answered questions about my mom.  So, here you have it, Jenna (my 10 year old) answering (rather vaguely, I must say) questions about me and me answering questions about Tammy.
 
1. What is something mom always says to you?
Jenna:  "I love you" and "Do your homework"
Melissa:  After glassy-eyed-pretending-to-listen-to-whatever-I'm-saying, "Okay, honey."

2. What makes mom happy?
Jenna:  When I bring all of my homework home.
Melissa:  Liquor.

3. What makes mom sad?
Jenna:  When there is bad news.
Melissa:  Too many things that are out of her control.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Jenna:  By tickling me.
Melissa:  Usually it involves making fun of someone.

5. What was your mom like as a child?
Jenna:  I am not sure.
Melissa:  According to my aunt, cruel.

6. How old is your mom?
Jenna:  31 I think   <-----She thinks wrong!
Melissa:  50

7. How tall is your mom?
Jenna:  I don't know.
Melissa:  5'7"

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Jenna:  She likes lots of things. I don't know her favorite.
Melissa:  Drinking with Cathy.

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Jenna:  Read, play on the computer and phone, and sleep.
Melissa:  Drink with Cathy.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Jenna:  Being the most awesome mom in the world.  <------*gives Jenna dollar*
Melissa:  Being the most awesome mom in the world.    *hopes to recover dollar*

11. What is your mom really good at?
Jenna:  Lots of things.
Melissa:  Her job (nursing).

12. What is your mom not very good at?
Jenna:  Running.
Melissa:  Many things involving common sense!

13. What does your mom do for her job?
Jenna:  Takes care of my brother and I.
Melissa:  Nurse

14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Jenna:  I don't know.
Melissa:  Any given Americanized foreign cuisine.

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Jenna:  She is one of my favorite people in the world and she takes care of Alex and I pretty much perfectly.
Melissa:  I'm proud of my mom for bucking all the odds.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Jenna:  Spongebob    <-----WTH?!  I know she's seen my tattoo!
Melissa:  Tweety Bird as Little Red Riding Hood.

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Jenna:  Lots of stuff like play basketball.
Melissa:  Normal stuff:  movies, lunch/dinner, drink, etc.

18. How are you and your mom the same?
Jenna:  I look like her, we are the same in lots of ways.
Melissa:  We both radiate a natural charm that makes people want to hang around with us more than other, less charming people.  *blows fingernails*

19. How are you and your mom different?
Jenna:  I can't think of anything but we do have some differences though not very many.
Melissa:  When push comes to shove, she's way more focused at accomplishing things.

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Jenna:  She says so every day and she doesn't try to avoid me.   <------Ha!
Melissa:  She would remove everything that's ever been toxic if she could.

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
Jenna:  Probably Barnes&Noble
Melissa:  Drinking with Cathy. 

23. What is your moms favorite song?
Jenna:  I don't think she has one.    <-------Correct.  She has many.
Melissa:  Probably some lame country song.

24. Who is your moms favorite singer?
Jenna:  I don't think she has a favorite singer, either.      <-------What about Scott!?!
Melissa:  Probably some lame country singer.

25. What is the funniest thing you heard your mom say?
Jenna:  I don't know.
Melissa:  Recently, it was the trip to IKEA where she insisted that there is an exit off of the freeway every mile.  She has gone through her whole life thinking that if her exit is in y miles, there must be y exits left.

No comments: